Join our team
Senior Web Engineer
We are looking for an experienced, full-stack engineer to join our fun, passionate and mission-driven team. As a
software engineer, you will have significant and direct impact on our Technologies. You will work in a demanding,
fast-paced environment and will be responsible for translating innovative ideas into high quality, highly scalable code
in order to give our users the best experience possible.
What we look for:
• Excellent analytical skills, attention to details, and great work ethic
• A competitive spirit and passion for solving complex problems
• Experience operating in a high-growth business environment
• Interest and personal opinions about the future of higher education
• Strong appreciation for good design and friendly user-experiences.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in building consumer-facing web applications in a dynamic development environment
- Proficiency with PHP/MySQL development
- Deep understanding of WordPress APIs, hooks, database structure, template hierarchy, widget and plugin development
- Experience with integrating third-party applications and technologies using Web Services, REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience with git source control in a team environment
- Experience working in distributed, performant, at-scale backend systems.
- Highly organized, ability to multitask and handle multiple intraday requests
- Ability to work cooperatively with other team members; eager to learn, ask questions, and share insights with the team
Will be a plus
- Experience with WordPress Multisite
- Experience with React and/or Backbone.js
- Experience with administering and troubleshooting AWS environments and/or traditional LAMP administration
- Designing and building scalable and configurable plugins and solutions on our WordPress Multisite platform
- Designing and building technical integrations with enterprise systems, social platforms, content providers, and career prep tools
- Fixing bugs, troubleshooting performance and security problems, and providing maintenance to the client’s platform
- Offering guidance and recommendations for technical decision making
- Working closely with designers to develop and bring high-quality designs to life
- Interesting dynamic projects;
- Flexible schedule, the ability to work from home;
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
- Medical insurance;
- English courses/ open speaking club;
- The ability to create, take initiative, make decisions and participate in the creation of new projects;
- Massage therapy; yoga classes;
- Office near the center of Kiev (Lybidska Subway Station).
Ready to apply?
Send us your CV (in English only) with the detailed description of your career, skills, mastered
technologies and projects.
We guarantee the privacy of any received information.